Praise for the Luxury Hotel Vintage Plaza in Downtown Portland, Oregon
Awards and Recognition
- AAA Four Diamond Award - 1999 – 2011
- Time Magazine online - One of the "5 Places to Stay" in Portland - 2010
- Oregon Bride - Pazzo named "Best Rehearsal Dinner Site" in Oregon - 2010
- Travel + Leisure - "Top 500 - Best Hotels in the World" - 2005, 2008, 2009
- Conde Nast - "Gold List" - 2003, 2008
- Recycle Works Award - Portland Office for Sustainable Development - 2006, 2007, 2008
- Oregon Business Magazine - #4 of 100 "Best Places To Work in Oregon" - 2010
- Travel + Leisure - "World's Best Values Under $250 in the United States & Canada" - 2006, 2008
- Travel + Leisure - "Top 100 Hotels in the Continental United States & Canada" - 2005
- Citysearch Portland - "Portland's 'Most Romantic Hotel'" - 2004
In The News
"Portland is a great place to take Fido, and the Hotel Vintage Plaza is right where all the action happens." Fido Friendly magazine, August 2010
"At Hotel Vintage Plaza, dogs have the run of the place. The hotel, which accepts any number of pets without size or weight restrictions, won't charge extra if you bring along your furry friend." Frommer's, "5 Pet-Friendly Destinations in North America," March 2010
"For wine connoisseurs, the Hotel Vintage Plaza private wine room and nightly wine hour perfectly complement a relaxing outing in Oregon's renowned wine country." – HotelsCombined.com, "Top 10 Girlfriend Getaways," February 2010
"Oenophiles appreciate this Kimpton group beauty, which offers wine-themed accommodations in a stately 1894 building downtown." Time.com, "Portland: 5 Places to Stay," March 2010
"Discover what Willamette Week and Portland Monthly are calling one of the "best Italian restaurants in town" at Pazzo Ristorante." – Discover Portland, January 2010
"A modern 117-room boutique hotel in a historic brick building, the Hotel Vintage Plaza exudes the warmth of a charming European inn-a place where comfort and service prevail." – Oregon Wine Press, May 2009
"Kimpton Hotels had just completed a $4 million remodel that gave a contemporary, slightly edgy persona to downtown's iconic 1894 hotel. The guest rooms are the new stars, named after local wineries and decked out in sleek luxury." – Ultimate Northwest. June/July 2009
"Each of the guest rooms comes with its own personality. The hotel has a wide variety of unique rooms, many named after celebrated Oregon wineries, telling a story of its own. Many rooms house a piece of art or some special element that ties back to its namesake winery." – Hotel Online
"Everything about the hotel exudes romance, from its immense marble fireplace in the comfortable lobby to the velvet draped balconies and conservatory windows in the Starlight rooms." PDX Magazine, "Oregon's Romantic Retreats, April 2009
"The historic landmark property just emerged from a multi-million dollar renovation that visually illustrates its unique wine-centric experience and commitment to Oregon's wine industry (each evening for an hour guests can sip, swirl and savor local vintages in the lobby.)" – Hotels, April 2009
Reviews of Hotel Vintage Plaza
Hotel Vintage Plaza receives regular accolades from our guests…See what people have to say.
Online Media Center
Access our press kit and contact our public relations team.
Each Kimpton Hotel has a distinct personality and a story to tell, promising adventure, inspiration and delightful surprises.
Built in 1894, the Portland landmark building we call home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.